Saturday 4 July 2015

LOOKING FOR ALBO.....Will the real Anthony Albanese show his-self, your country...well some of us, need you

Classical seventies brick work
"The problem isn't that Tony Abbott's stuck in the past, it's that he wants the rest of Australia to go back there and keep him company"
Albo serves up the dish circa March 2014
There's nowt like a fellow trade unionist to bring you to yer knees with a bellow of disbelief and gut wrenching despair. "I hear if Labor roll Bill Shorten and its looking likely, then the chatter is they'll replace him with Tony Burke. "... It was well intended, the comment like, but if I could have farted...it would have been a piece of hail the size of Bronwyn Bishop's handbag. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH! !!! Not the member for Watson for fooks sake!Is that the best they can come up with. Why? Do they ever want to win an election? Is Labor a party of the left or of left over centrists with as much leadership option, charisma and charm as a bus shelter. Do Labor want to stay stuck in the blender of no vision, no direction, no pulse. Where's Albo "I like to fight tories, it's what I Do!" in all of this I asked in a manner of balding geriatric grasping at straws. "Naw, they won't pick him, he's a team player"...Well that had me reaching for an extra large (bariatric) oxygen cylinder and me liquid adrenaline pump and twelve inch needle sharpened like an ice pick. When I came to, Tony Abbott was still prime minister and the world was just that much more a scary place..to quote American poet Gil Scott Heron "Three More Years...Three More Years OF THAT!" An' anoother three years in 2019 and finally, finally...they choose Albo! I think I'll go off and darn me socks with barbed wire.

The joker in Marrickville July 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment